- Over 300 industry experts expected to descend on Dubai for DPMC in its eighth year
- Pricing, trading, risk management, market demand, structure and expansion will all be debated at the seminal industry gathering
- The World Silver Survey 2019 to be simultaneously released at DPMC and in New York
DMCC, the world’s leading Free Zone for commodities trade and enterprise, will stage the eighth edition of its Dubai Precious Metals Conference (DPMC) on 11 April 2019 at the Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai.
Held under the theme ‘Unlocking Growth in Global Precious Metals’, the annual conference convenes industry experts from around the world to tackle some of the key factors shaping the modern precious metals market.
To pre-register for DPMC 2019 and to receive event updates, visit www.dpmc.ae.
“DPMC 2019 continues in its tradition of hosting thought-provoking debate on the issues that matter in the precious metals industry. The event will look to harness the collective wisdom of senior delegates in the room to unearth opportunities to grow the industry, and overcome some of the challenges it currently faces,” said Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman, DMCC.
“DPMC is a strong example of DMCC’s ability to convene the industry, and bring the discussion of trade to Dubai. We look forward to welcoming stakeholders from across the board next month, and sharing actionable intelligence to drive the industry forward,” he added.
The ‘World Silver Survey 2019’ flagship report, from The Silver Institute, will be released simultaneously in New York and Dubai at DPMC, with free copies of the research available to DPMC delegates. Released annually since 1990, the report details supply and demand statistics for key sectors of the silver market, as well as price and trade data.
The conference is comprised of five panel sessions: ‘Central Banks Approach to Gold’; ‘Mining and Return of Hedging’; ‘Emerging Technology Affecting Precious Metals Industry’; ‘Opportunities and Challenges in White Metals’; and ‘Jewellery – Relevance in the Changing Landscape’, in addition to keynote speeches and targeted networking sessions.
Conference speakers include:
- Gautam Sashittal – Chief Executive Officer, DMCC
- Shaokai Fan – Director for Central Banks and Public Policy, World Gold Council;
- Tom Kendall – Head of Precious Metal Sales, ICBC Standard Bank Plc;
- Michael Mesaric – CEO, Valcambi;
- Scott Austin – Senior Executive Vice President, Everledger;
- Shana Krishnan – Policy Analyst, OECD;
- Sergey V. Belov – Deputy CEO, Head – Refinery, Krastsvetmet;
- Camron Alexander – Director, Precious Metals Research, Refinitiv; and
- Ross Norman – CEO, Sharps Pixley.